So typically I don't go in for the whole meme thing, but Richie Narvaez asked if I would do one, and I like Richie's writing so I figured why the hell not? Anyway, here's my next big thang....
2) Where did the idea come from?
I kept toying around with this image of a young man filling his pockets with dirt and then the idea struck me.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
Science fiction/Horror/Crime/Literary Fiction. It basically falls under my favorite genre of whatever.
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
I’m only 32,000 words in, so no one yet except Brian Cranston as one of the sub characters
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
I tried to sum it up for Frank Bill the other day and this is what I came up with: It’s the story of a young husband and wife, both are addicts, the wife dies, and the remainder of the story is of how her death effects the remainder of his life and the lives of their loved ones before and after her death (and in one instance way, way after her death.) I know it sounds kind of artsy fartsy, but I’m enjoying the process right now.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Fuck if I know, it’s only 32,000 words right now.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft?
Still working on it. Started in on it about three weeks ago, so I imagine I still have another couple months on the first draft before I start editing.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I don’t know? Maybe A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan or Patti Abbott’s forthcoming novel, Home Invasion.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
See answer #2
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
Yeah, I’m going to sound like an asshole saying this, but I don’t care if it piques the readers interest.