Thursday, December 13, 2012

next big thing memery


So typically I don't go in for the whole meme thing, but Richie Narvaez asked if I would do one, and I like Richie's writing so I figured why the hell not? Anyway, here's my next big thang....

1) What is the working title of your current/next book?
Without

2) Where did the idea come from?
I kept toying around with this image of a young man filling his pockets with dirt and then the idea struck me. 

3) What genre does your book fall under?
Science fiction/Horror/Crime/Literary Fiction. It basically falls under my favorite genre of whatever.

4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
I’m only 32,000 words in, so no one yet except Brian Cranston as one of the sub characters

 5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
I tried to sum it up for Frank Bill the other day and this is what I came up with: It’s the story of a young husband and wife, both are addicts, the wife dies, and the remainder of the story is of how her death effects the remainder of his life and the lives of their loved ones before and after her death (and in one instance way, way after her death.) I know it sounds kind of artsy fartsy, but I’m enjoying the process right now. 

6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Fuck if I know, it’s only 32,000 words right now. 

7) How long did it take you to write the first draft?
Still working on it. Started in on it about three weeks ago, so I imagine I still have another couple months on the first draft before I start editing.

 8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I don’t know? Maybe A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan or Patti Abbott’s forthcoming novel, Home Invasion. 

9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
See answer #2 

10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
Yeah, I’m going to sound like an asshole saying this, but I don’t care if it piques the readers interest.


I'm going to end this whole meme thing right now by tagging 5 people who are probably way too busy to complete it: Frank Bill, Matt McBride, Hilary Davidson, Scott Phillips, and LitReactor crony, Rob Hart.

2 comments:

  1. Keith-Have a wonderful holiday season. It will never be more fun than now with a believer in Santa Claus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    Do you do book reviews or interviews? I work for Huffington Post and Psychology Today blogger and crime fiction author Dr. Mark Rubinstein. He recently released his new psychological thriller, Mad Dog House. A gripping story of former Brooklyn street thug Mad Dog who currently lives the life of his dreams as Roddy Dolan; successful surgeon, ex-Army Ranger and devoted family man. However, his dream slowly turns into a nightmare when shady friends from his past return into his life begging him to invest in a restaurant that turns into a no win situation of Mafia thugs and Russian honchos!

    I love MDH because Dr. Rubinstein is a forensic psychiatrist with over 40 years experience. He is an expert on psychological thrillers, the criminal mind and knows how to share the story!

    Dr. Rubinstein is intrigued by your blog and asked me to see if you were interested in doing a review? We would love to send you free Kindles or paperbacks for reviews, giveaways, etc. Whatever would be the most FUN and informative for you! Please let me know any ideas you have. Your imagination is the limit!

    Talk to you soon :)
    ---
    Nathan Donahoe
    Author Coordinator, Mark Rubinstein
    www.MarkRubinstein-Author.com

    ReplyDelete