Wednesday, April 10, 2013

30 Days of The 5-2 Blog Tour: 4 Poems


Yup it's time for my semi-annual blog post.
I've got 4 poems in support of Gerald So's 30 Days of The 5-2. A couple of them are older but unpublished, (So therefore, new.) and two new ones. I hope you like them all.
See ya in six months.

MANTRA

'We need the money
We need the money
We need the money!'

Her mantra never changes,
banging around from room-
to-room,

Rifling through my pants
pockets and under the
couch cushions for the
thousandth time.

'Get up! Get up! Get up!
It's time to go!'

I don't want to leave,
even though I'm
coming down and these
walls will bleed in a few hours
and so will I.

But she needs me there
as muscle, as flesh and blood
comfort food, and to let her
know how much I love
her

*

A WEEKEND ALONE

The patter drip under the sink
reminds me that I need to
take a wrench to the garbage
disposal sometime before
tomorrow night, or I won't
hear the end of it

For weeks.
Tomorrow is a ways off.
Tomorrow is
weeks away.

Tonight I'm watching
the seconds ooze black
and leathery. Piling on
top of each other.

My stomach churns,
a grinding pit,
a cement truck
Bile trickles its way
up my throat

and out onto the hard
tile floor,

Mingling with the dealer's
tacky blood.
I can't remember when
he slipped on the steak
knife.

*

SHOTGUN

Her lips trembled

Glistening

Pink

Wet

Hard

Against my mouth.

The force of her
Lungs

Trying to power

Blue smoke

Into

My lungs.

Somehow,
I
Consider
This
Love

*

BEST PRACTICE

It's a best practice....

When your partners discover
You two fingers deep in
Your ass

At 3 AM

The day after a job

Stuffing diamonds up in there,
That you tell them
You really miss

All the anal sex

You were getting
While you were in
Stir

4 comments:

  1. I don't know shit about poetry, but I dig SHOTGUN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the subdued surprise of A Weekend Alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't George Carlin call two fingers in your ass during a 69, a "71"?

    Michael C.

    ReplyDelete